Lets Start with ESP32 Cam OV2640 Board
ESP32 Cam OV2640 Board is a very small camera module with a chip. Chip is ESP32-Cam. There are several GPIOs to connect peripherals. There is a slot for the microSD card. This microSD card slot is very useful to store images or it stores files to serve clients.
ESP32 + Cam OV2640 Dev Board
ESP 32-CAM is small size camera module. It can operate independently as a minimum system. It has a footprint of only 40 x 27mm and has a deep sleep current of up to 6mA. We use ESP32-CAM for various IoT applications. It is suitable for many applications like home smart devices, industrial wireless control, wireless monitoring, QR wireless identification, and wireless positioning system signals.
ESP32-Cam is an ideal solution for various IoT applications. ESP32-cam has a DIP package. ESP32-Cam can be directly inserted into the backplane. a backplane is used for the rapid production of products, providing customers with high-reliability connection mode. And it is convenient for application in various IoT hardware terminals.
These pins are internally connected to the microSD card reader:
- GPIO 14 is for CLK pin
- GPIO 15 is for CMD
- GPIO 2 is for Data 0
- GPIO 4 is for Data 1
- GPIO 12 is for Data 2
- GPIO 13 is for Data 3
ESP32 Cam OV2640 Spec
- It has the smallest Wifi module (802.11 b/g/n) and the SoC module.
- The clock speed is 160MHz. almost 600 DMIPS.
- SRAM is built-in 520 KB. And external is 4 MPSRAM.
- It supports UART/SPI/12C/PWM/ADC/DAC.
- CPU is 32-bit. And it can also serve the application processor.
- It has a built-in flash lamp and it supports OV2640 and OV7670 cameras.
- It supports image WiFi upload.
- It supports TF card and multiple sleep modes.
- It has embedded Lwip and FreeRTOS.
- Its operation modes are STA/AP/STA+AP.
- It supports the serial port. And remote firmware upgrade. (FOTA)
Board Layout of Cam OV2640