ULN2003 IC is an array of seven NPN Darlington transistors capable of 500mA, 50V output. ULN2003 features are common-cathode flyback diodes for switching inductive loads. It can come in PDIP, SOIC, SOP or TSSOP packaging In the same family are ULN2002A, ULN2004A, as well as ULQ2003A and ULQ2004A, designed for different logic input levels.
The UNL2003A is also similar to the ULN2001A (4 inputs) and the ULN2801A, ULN2802A, ULN2803A, ULN2804A, and ULN2805A, only differing in logic input levels (TTL, CMOS, PMOS) and a number of inputs (8).
The output of the driver is open collector and the collector current rating of each darlington pair is 500mA. Darlington pairs may be paralleled if higher current is required. The driver IC also consists of a 2.7KΩ base resistor for each darlington pair. Thus each darlington pair can be operated directly with TTL or 5V CMOS devices. This driver IC can be used for high voltage applications up to 50V.
Applications Of ULN2003 IC:
- Motor driver
- relay driver
- incandescent lamps driver
- Led lights driver
- Driving printer hammers
- Industrial Equipment
Features Of ULN2003:
- Seven Darlingtons per package
- Output current 500 mA per driver (600 mA peak)
- Output voltage 50 V
- Integrated suppression diodes for inductive loads
- Outputs can be paralleled for higher current
- TTL/CMOS/PMOS/DTL compatible inputs
- Inputs pinned opposite outputs to simplify
1 x ULN2003 IC