The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board cnc sheild for TI’s DRV8825 micro-stepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The Stepper Driver module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 stepper motor driver board, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The DRV8825 Arduino stepper motor controller features adjustable current limiting, over-current, and over-temperature protection, and six micro-step resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
Features Of Drv8825 Stepper Motor Driver RAMPS Heat Sink 3D Printer Motor Driver:
- Micro step resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer. Hence lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solder able ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Model: DRV8825
- Supply Voltage: 8.2 – 42 VDC.
- Current Capacity : 2.2A max(24V).
- Continuous current per phase: 1.5 A.
- Minimum Logic voltage: 2.5V.
- Maximum Logic Voltage: 5V.
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32.
- Dimensions : 15 x 20 mm.
- Weight: 4 gm.