Polarity and Pinout
1N4007 diode has a cathode (-) and anode (+). In the schematic symbol, the tip of the triangle with the line on top of it is the cathode. The cathode is marked on the body of a diode by a band as shown below.
Diode polarity Current can flow from the anode to the cathode only and never from the cathode to the anode – 1N4007 diode is like a one way valve.
Dimensions 1N4007 diode
- Maximum Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage – 1000 V
- Maximum Average Forward Output Current – 1 A
- Maximum Forward Voltage Drop per element at 1.0A DC – 1.1 V
- Typical Junction Capacitance – 15 pF
- Package – DO-41
- Weight – 0.33 grams
- Operating and Storage Temperature Range – (– 65 to +175 °C)